FIFO 2019 – Call for entries
After a week of sharing and discoveries the documentaries selected this year, the FIFO 2018 ended on February 11th 2018. The next edition of our festival –the 16th already ! – will take place from 2nd to 10th February 2019 at Te Fare Tauhiti Nui – Maison de la Culture in Pape’ete-Tahiti. The FIFO Association is proud to announce the opening of the film submission for the 16th FIFO calling for entries specifically documentary films concerning Oceania and short fiction films directed by Oceanian people.
Submissions are accepted from Sunday 1st April 2018 until Monday 1st October 2018 at 12pm (Tahiti time). Regulations and entry forms are available from this page or by request sent to [email protected].
The FIFO Association is calling filmmakers of dicumentary films to submit their work for the next festival :
– submitted films must have been produced after 1st January 2016,
– the film length should be comprised between 15 and 90 minutes for the competition category,
– the films should be dealing with Oceania related issues. All the aspects of Oceania are welcome (culture, society, economy, history, science, environment, politics…).
All selected films will compete for the Audience Award. The films selected in the competition category will be presented to the jury members, awarding 4 prizes.
Short Fiction Films
Short fiction films directors are also invited to submit their films for FIFO 2019 :
– short fiction films should not exceed 30 minutes in duration,
– all themes are accepted as long as the film is made by Oceanian people,
– selected films will be screened during the 10th Nuit de la Fiction special showcase presented OFF of the festival.
All selected films will compete for the best Oceanian fiction of FIFO 2019 based on the audience vote.