FIFO 2020 – Call for entries
After a week of sharing and discoveries the documentaries selected this year, the FIFO 2019 ended on February 10th 2018. The next edition of our festival –the 17th already ! – will take place from 1st to 9th February 2020 at Te Fare Tauhiti Nui – Maison de la Culture in Pape’ete-Tahiti. The FIFO Association is proud to announce the opening of the film submission for the 17th FIFO calling for entries, specifically documentary films concerning Oceania and short fiction films directed by Oceanian filmmakers.
Submissions are accepted from Sunday 17th March 2019 until Tuesday 1st October 2019 at 12pm (Tahiti time). Regulations and entry forms are available from this page or by request sent to [email protected].
The FIFO Association is calling filmmakers of documentary films to submit their work for the next festival :
– submitted films must have been produced after 1st January 2017,
– the film length should be comprised between 15 and 90 minutes for the competition category,
– the films should be dealing with Oceania related issues. All the aspects of Oceania are welcome (culture, society, economy, history, science, environment, politics…).
All selected films will compete for the Audience Award. The films selected in the competition category will be presented to the jury members, awarding 4 prizes.
Short Fiction Films
Short fiction films directors are also invited to submit their films for FIFO 2020 :
– short fiction films should not exceed 30 minutes in duration and must have been produced after 1st January 2017,
– all themes are accepted as long as the film is directed by Oceanian filmmakers,
– selected films will be screened during the 11th Nuit de la Fiction special showcase presented OFF of the festival.
All selected films will compete for the best Oceanian fiction of FIFO 2020 based on the audience vote.