FIFO 2021 – CALL FOR ENTRIES
After a week of sharing and discoveries the documentaries selected this year, the FIFO 2020 ended on February 9th 2020. The next edition of our festival –the 18th already ! – will take place from 6th to 14th February 2021 at Te Fare Tauhiti Nui – Maison de la Culture in Pape’été Tahiti. The FIFO Association is proud to announce the opening of film submissions for the 18th FIFO calling for entries, specifically documentary films concerning Oceania and short fiction films directed by Oceanian filmmakers.
Submissions are accepted from Wednesday 1st April 2020 until Sundy 4 October 2020 at 12pm (Tahiti time). Regulations and entry forms are available from this page or by request sent to [email protected].
The FIFO Association is calling filmmakers of documentary films to submit their work for the next festival :
– submitted films must have been produced after 1st January 2018,
– the film length should be comprised between 30 and 100 minutes for the competition category,
– the films should be dealing with Oceania related issues. All the aspects of Oceania are welcome (culture, society, economy, history, science, environment, politics…).
All selected films will compete for the Audience Award. The films selected in the competition category will be presented to the jury members, awarding 4 prizes.
Short Fiction Films
Short fiction films directors are also invited to submit their films for FIFO 2021 :
– short fiction films should not exceed 30 minutes in duration and must have been produced after 1st January 2018,
– all themes are accepted as long as the film is directed by Oceanian filmmakers,
– selected films will be screened during the 12th Nuit de la Fiction special showcase presented OFF of the festival.
All selected films will compete for the best Oceanian fiction of FIFO 2021 based on the audience vote.
Are you willing to enter a film for FIFO 2021 ? Do not hesitate any longer, now is the time !