FIFO 2022: CALL FOR ENTRIES
After a week of sharing and discoveries the documentaries selected this year, the FIFO 2021 ended on February 12th 2021. The next edition of our festival –the 19th already ! – will take place from 5th to 13th February 2022 at Te Fare Tauhiti Nui – Maison de la Culture in Pape’ete Tahiti. The FIFO Association is proud to announce the opening of film submissions for the 19th FIFO calling for entries, specifically documentary films dealing with Oceania and short narrative films directed by Oceanian filmmakers.
Submissions are accepted from Thursday 1st April 2021 until Sundy 3 October 2021 at 12pm (Tahiti time). Regulations and entry forms are available from this page or by request sent to [email protected].
The FIFO Association is calling filmmakers of documentary films to submit their work for the next festival :
– submitted films must have been produced after 1st January 2019,
– the film length should be comprised between 30 and 100 minutes for the competition category,
– the films should be dealing with Oceania related issues. All the aspects of Oceania are welcome (culture, society, economics, history, science, environment, politics, arts…).
All selected films will compete for the Audience Award. The films selected in the competition category will be presented to the jury, awarding 4 prizes.
Short Narrative Films
Short narrative films directors are also invited to submit their films for FIFO 2022 :
– short fiction films should not exceed 30 minutes in duration and must have been produced after 1st January 2019,
– all themes are accepted as long as the film is directed by Oceanian filmmakers,
– selected films will be screened during the 14th Nuit de la Fiction special showcase presented OFF of the festival.
All selected films will compete for the best Oceanian fiction of FIFO 2022 based on the audience vote.
Are you willing to enter a film for FIFO 2021 ? Do not hesitate any longer, now is the time !